The Rotary Club of Gunnison Colorado

Rotary Members Login

Brief history of the Gunnison Rotary Club

The Gunnison Rotary Club was chartered May l, l922 and was the fourth club on the Western Slope of Colorado. The other clubs were Montrose, Delta, and Grand Junction. There were 15 original charter members. Through the years the club grew to around 65 to 70 members at our 50th and 75th year celebration. Presently we have about 40 members.

The Gunnison club is proud to have had three District Governors. These were G. Lewis Miller 1945-46, Dr. D. H. Cummins 1956-57, and Charles Tutor 2002-03.

The club also hosted the District Conference in 1974 and again in 2002 at Mt. Crested Butte, CO.

The club just celebrated its 60th year of providing the 4th of July fireworks for the Gunnison community. The fireworks plus other fund raising activities have provided scholarships to Gunnison High School graduates for over 60 years. Over the years the club has provided annually assistance for between 8 to 15 youth or community groups in the form of either manpower or financial support.

 

 

 

 
footer